Can walking keep me from gaining weight?

If you get up and move, you can actually turn off the genes that promote weight gain. Walking (the single best physical activity to stay stress-free) for just an hour a day can slash your genetic predisposition for obesity in half. Walk at least a total of 10,000 steps a day. Start slow, but aim to hit the 10,000 mark within a month or so. You'll be surprised at how easy this becomes. It's even easier if you do it with a workout buddy.

Continue Learning about Benefits of Walking

From Mauka to Makai: 3 Secrets of Walking to Lose Weight
While the right eating plan is crucial to weight loss, consistent exercise may help you drop pounds and keep you in shape. And if you're not quite rea...
How can I motivate my child to walk for fitness?
Studies show that when people have a strong social support network they are more likely to succeed w...
Is walking good exercise?
Walking is great exercise, particularly for beginning exercises. As the oldest form of transportatio...
Walk to Reduce Your Alzheimer's Risk
Walk to Reduce Your Alzheimer's Risk