What can I eat at each meal to blast belly fat?

Breakfast: High-Fiber Cereal
Start your day with a bowl of high-fiber cereal. Insoluble fiber absorbs water and expands to fill you up, so you feel satisfied without over-eating. Add a handful of blueberries for an antioxidant boost -- the polyphenols help to block the formation of new fat cells.

Lunch: Add Sauerkraut
Add some extra flavor to your turkey sandwich or simply eat it as a side. Sauerkraut contains good bacteria that enhance digestion and reduces belly inflammation.

Dinner: Make Miso Soup Your Appetizer
Having a bowl of miso soup can help flatten your belly. It’s rich in vitamin B12, which is a power player when it comes to metabolizing fats and carbohydrates. Broth-based soups are a good energy-dense food -- which means you’ll get more food for less calories. Leading with soup will fill up your stomach before you dine, so you’re less likely to overindulge on the main course. Bonus: You can eat your leftovers for lunch the next day.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Belly Fat

The Mind–Belly Fat Connection
The Mind–Belly Fat Connection
In an episode of The Simpsons, Homer and Bart are watching TV when Homer decides to show off the remarkable powers of his beer belly: He takes a beer ...
What types of oil should I eat if I am trying to lose belly fat?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
If oil is going to be used in the fight against fat, the best choice would almost certainly be olive...
Say Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 Steps
Say Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 Steps
Get simple, everyday tricks to blast belly fat and keep weight off for good.
How to Get Rid of Belly Fat
How to Get Rid of Belly Fat