Can fiber help me lose belly fat?

Eating enough fiber is essential for losing that stubborn belly fat. In this video, Dr. Oz provides tips for getting enough fiber each day.

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

Fiber helps to make you feel full so therefore you lose more weight. Fiber helps lower your cholesterol and stabilize your blood sugars. Fiber helps in your elimination and helps you to keep your metabolism going strong. All of these factors help the dangerous belly fat or omentum begin to disappear. When I first started the YOUdocs diet I lost 2 inches off my waist in just 2 weeks. Those 2 inches of belly fat eventually became 20 inches within one year. A high fiber high complex carbohydrate diet helped me to do this. If I can do it so can you.

Continue Learning about Belly Fat

Why Your Belly Fat Won't Budge
Why Your Belly Fat Won't Budge
Whether you’re bothered by a little too much padding on your hips, thighs, belly or any other place else on your body, you probably know that spot-red...
Why is belly fat harmful to my health?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
What’s even riskier than being overweight? Carrying excess fat around your middle. “Apple-shaped” pe...
Say Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 Steps
Say Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 StepsSay Goodbye to Belly Flab in 9 Steps
Get simple, everyday tricks to blast belly fat and keep weight off for good.
Is Obesity Always a Risk Factor for Heart Disease?