What do I need to know about caring for someone with Bell's palsy?

You will want to help the individual affected by Bell's palsy to follow the doctor's orders. For instance, you may need to remind the person to take their medications, practice methods to reduce pain (applying warm washcloths to the affected muscles) or to apply eye drops. Eye problems may also require you to act as a chauffer and to help with household tasks.

Continue Learning about Bell's Palsy

How many people get Bell's palsy?
The viruses that cause Bell's palsy are much more common than Bell's palsy itself is. Only 23 out of...
What should I do if I had Bell's Palsy and my eyes keep closing?
Gary S. Hirshfield, MDGary S. Hirshfield, MD
 After Bell's palsy resolves some people are left with spasms and contractures on the side of the fa...
What is the difference between Bell's palsy and a stroke?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Bell's palsy and strokes differ in both their symptoms and causes. A stroke usually brings paralysi...
What does sarcoidosis have to do with Bell's palsy?
Sarcoidosis is a disease that happens mainly to people of Scandinavian or African-American descent. ...