What should I do if I had Bell's Palsy and my eyes keep closing?

After Bell's palsy resolves some people are left with spasms and contractures on the side of the face in which the palsy occurred and this can look like forcible eyelid closure associated sometimes with contraction of the muscles of the lower face.  Treatment for this may be injection with Botox or similar agent.  If both eyes are forcibly closing this could be a condition called blepharospasm and if this is confirmed by an EyeMD the treatment is also Botox.  If the closing is a drooping of the upper eyelids, this is a completely different problem and can result from weakness of the muscles of the upper eyelid and/or excess skin and fat in the upper eyelids.  Clearly this symptom requires evaluation by an EyeMD and appropriate treatment instituted to make you more comfortable.

Continue Learning about Bell's Palsy

How does Bell's palsy affect the body?
Bell's palsy is usually temporary, but sometimes its effects on the body are long-lasting or even pe...
Is Bell's palsy serious?
The symptoms, and their severity, of Bell's palsy vary from person to person. Many people see th...
Can Bells Palsy cause headaches?
MediGuardMediGuard
Bells Palsy is a separate phenomenon and more likely than not has an origin in a small herpetic viru...
What is Bell's palsy?
Mosaraf Ali, MDMosaraf Ali, MD
Bell's palsy is a common neurological disease which can have a devastating effect on the patient. He...