What should I do if I had Bell's Palsy and my eyes keep closing?

After Bell's palsy resolves some people are left with spasms and contractures on the side of the face in which the palsy occurred and this can look like forcible eyelid closure associated sometimes with contraction of the muscles of the lower face.  Treatment for this may be injection with Botox or similar agent.  If both eyes are forcibly closing this could be a condition called blepharospasm and if this is confirmed by an EyeMD the treatment is also Botox.  If the closing is a drooping of the upper eyelids, this is a completely different problem and can result from weakness of the muscles of the upper eyelid and/or excess skin and fat in the upper eyelids.  Clearly this symptom requires evaluation by an EyeMD and appropriate treatment instituted to make you more comfortable.

Continue Learning about Bell's Palsy

What does sarcoidosis have to do with Bell's palsy?
Sarcoidosis is a disease that happens mainly to people of Scandinavian or African-American descent. ...
How many people get Bell's palsy?
The viruses that cause Bell's palsy are much more common than Bell's palsy itself is. Only 23 out of...
Can Bells Palsy cause headaches?
MediGuardMediGuard
Bells Palsy is a separate phenomenon and more likely than not has an origin in a small herpetic viru...
What is Bell's palsy?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Bell's palsy is a form of temporary facial paralysis resulting from damage or trauma to one of the p...