Why do I need physical therapy for my Bell's palsy?

Physical therapy will help your facial muscles regain their strength more quickly as your symptoms of Bell's palsy lessen. Also, physical therapy may help prevent any facial drooping that might happen because you weren't able to use your facial muscles for a long time during your recovery from the disorder. Sometimes unused muscles contract, and when you are able to use your muscles again, you will find that they have shortened; this may be painful. Physical therapy can help prevent this from happening.

Continue Learning about Bell's Palsy Treatment

How is Bell's palsy treated?
The treatments for Bell's palsy are aimed at both the virus that causes it and the symptoms that acc...
Is surgery recommended for people with Bell's palsy?
A type of surgery called decompression surgery for people with Bell's palsy is sometimes performed. ...
What medications treat Bell's palsy?
Your doctor may prescribe an antiviral drug that prevents the herpes virus from reproducing itse...
Does Bell's palsy go away on its own?
You may recover from Bell's palsy without treatment. Depending on how severe your symptoms are, you ...