Should I talk to my doctor about my bed sores symptoms?

If you have symptoms of bed sores, talk to your doctor immediately. The severity of bed sores can advance rapidly, and complications - like infection - can also develop. Your doctor can advise you about practices that will help heal your bed sores on their own. In more severe cases, however, surgery may be required.

Continue Learning about Bed Sores (Pressure Ulcers)

What are bed sores?
Bed sores - also known as pressure ulcers - are damaged or injured areas of skin that occur when pro...
Where on the body are bed sores likely to occur?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Areas that bear the most pressure, like the back of the head, the heels, hips, lower back, spine or ...
How easily and quickly can a bed sore begin to form on the body?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sores can form rapidly on those who are immobile or bedridden. Even just a few hours without movemen...
Do bed sores always progress through the four stages of severity?
Bed sores have been categorized into four stages of severity, ranging from the mildest - stage I - t...