How can I find the best jeans for my body?

About 90 percent of us are wearing the wrong jeans for our body type. Wrong jeans and bad fit equals an unattractive look. You should expect to try on at least a dozen pair of jeans (and even alter the ones you choose). What you're trying to avoid: jeans that appear cellophane-tight or jeans that have too much room, which makes it appear that you have more body squeezed in there than you actually do (look for bumps or creases in the crotch area at the rise to the waist). Get boot cut if you're tall and straight leg if you're short, and a dark wash can make you look thinner, since a stone wash can put a spotlight onto your thighs.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Beauty & Culture

What is the best bra to wear?
Eighty-five percent of women wear the wrong bra size. In this video, Dr. Oz shows viewers a simp...
What styles can help me look younger as I get older?
David PollockDavid Pollock
Outdated fashions outdate you! As your body changes, so should your wardrobe. Most important, avoid ...
How has media changed our idea of what women should look like?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Researchers have found that ongoing exposure to certain ideas can shape and distort our perceptions ...
Is true beauty found only in young people?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Your question is more specifically about physical beauty and equating it with the vibrancy of youth....