What are the best whole body endurance exercises for a basketball player?

To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Improve endurance for the whole body  requires you to perform exercises that involve both the lower and upper body. Exercises that can help you improve endurance in your lower body and upper body include performing total body aerobic exercise (such as swimming and rowing) for extended periods of time (20 - 60 minutes). Depending on your physical capabilities, you may need to start with 5 to 10 minutes of exercise and then progress to 20 - 30 minutes as you increase your endurance. If performing resistance training, any total body exercise can help improve endurance. What becomes the biggest factor to enhance endurance is how the exercise is performed. Performing a total body resistance exercises using lower weight and higher repetitions (15-25) will help improve endurance. A good example of a total body resistance exercise would be a squat to an overhead press. To perform, hold some light dumbbells to your side and squat down (to about the height of a chair). Then, stand back up, and raise the dummbells overhead. Perform 1-3 sets of 15 to 25 repetitions.

Continue Learning about Basketball

What are the best upper body endurance exercises for a basketball player?
To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Exercis...
Is a basketball center's conditioning program different than a guard's?
The physical attributes and movement patterns that make a great basketball player do not vary mu...
What exercises can I do on the basketball court to increase my vertical?
Backboard taps, rebounding drills, lay-up drills, and dunking drills are great examples of power...
What type of training will improve my basketball shooting ability?
First, working on your lower-body strength, power, and endurance.  When players get tired late in ...