What is the most important aspect of a basketball center's conditioning?

The most important aspect of a basketball training program should be determined by a self-appraisal of your weaknesses and strengths. Whatever attribute is holding you back should be your priority while training.  For example, although most critics will comment on a center's strength and power, it may be your conditioning that stands between you and the next level of play.  Just think of how many open baskets you could get if you beat the opposing players down the court every time.
Casey Smith
Sports Medicine
As an adjunct to the previous answer, a center's conditioning should be should be at a high level.  Interval based conditioning with specifically timed rest intervals, will help to simulate game conditions and allow for the athlete to perform at a high level for a longer duration. 

Continue Learning about Basketball

What should do for my four-week basketball pre-season resistance training?
One of the biggest concerns for strength/conditioning specialists during the pre-season is the s...
As a basketball player, how can I assess my vertical jump height?
Vertical jump height is an important measure for basketball players. The double-leg vertical jum...
If I'm in a recovery period, how do I begin my basketball training?
After your recovery period, you need to create a training program that is going to both solidify...
Should I always train for basketball as hard and as fast as I can?
No. Continuous high intensity training takes a toll on your body and could lead to injury.  Alth...