What should I do in-season to maintain the gains I made in the off-season?

Mike Elliott
Fitness
In-season training is important and often times difficult to map out.  It must be tailored to your individual goals for the season, yet also be flexible to changes in minutes played and possible injury.  A good goal is 3 lifts per week.  These can be comprised of mainly stability and strength lifts for general maintenance, but also add a sampling of power and agility work to keep these aspects of your game at their best as well.  Lifts should focus on lower, upper, and total body.  If your minutes are high, keep the weights light enough that you dont have soreness the next day, yet heavy enough that you are doing productive work (this takes some experience to quantify).  If your minutes are low, some next-day soreness may be acceptible as increases in stabilty, strength, power, and agiltiy may help you crack the lineup and earn more minutes.
The training program you should use in-season depends on the intensity of practice and the amount of playing time you get.  It is important to adjust your volume of training to prevent overuse injuries, or on the other end of the spectrum, deconditioning.  If you are playing a significant amount and are practicing hard throughout the season, you can continue your pre-season training program, addressing weaknesses when they arise.  If you are not getting significant playing time and practice, you need to increase your training.  Set goals that will improve your chance of earning more playing time.

Continue Learning about Basketball

As a basketball player, how can I assess my speed?
The 3/4 court sprint is a great basketball specific speed test.  Simply time your quickest sprint ...
How do I get started on a strength training program for basketball?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
The first thing to do is a thorough assessment which includes the overhead squat, single leg squat, ...
How can I get faster?
Anis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite TrainerAnis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite Trainer
Speed is an integral part of every sport and can be expressed as any one of, or combination of, the ...
Can SAQ drills be incorporated into my basketball skill practice?
Mike Elliott Mike Elliott
Speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) drills can and should be a part of your basketball skill practic...