What should I do in-season to maintain the gains I made in the off-season?

The training program you should use in-season depends on the intensity of practice and the amount of playing time you get.  It is important to adjust your volume of training to prevent overuse injuries, or on the other end of the spectrum, deconditioning.  If you are playing a significant amount and are practicing hard throughout the season, you can continue your pre-season training program, addressing weaknesses when they arise.  If you are not getting significant playing time and practice, you need to increase your training.  Set goals that will improve your chance of earning more playing time.
Mike Elliott
Fitness
In-season training is important and often times difficult to map out.  It must be tailored to your individual goals for the season, yet also be flexible to changes in minutes played and possible injury.  A good goal is 3 lifts per week.  These can be comprised of mainly stability and strength lifts for general maintenance, but also add a sampling of power and agility work to keep these aspects of your game at their best as well.  Lifts should focus on lower, upper, and total body.  If your minutes are high, keep the weights light enough that you dont have soreness the next day, yet heavy enough that you are doing productive work (this takes some experience to quantify).  If your minutes are low, some next-day soreness may be acceptible as increases in stabilty, strength, power, and agiltiy may help you crack the lineup and earn more minutes.

Continue Learning about Basketball

As a basketball player, how can I assess my conditioning?
A good and simple way to test your conditioning is doing a 300 yard shuttle run. To perform, set...
How can I improve my conditioning for basketball?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
The best way to improve conditioning for basketball is to get on the court and do court work. This c...
How do I improve my ability to hold position in the basketball key?
Holding your position in the paint requires stability as well as lower-body and core strength.  ...
My basketball pre-season just began, what should I do?
During pre-season you should incorporate more skills-practice and games, and less time in the we...