How do I find time to train during the basketball pre-season?

First, get rid of redundant exercise in your program.  If you are running, jumping, and cutting during practice, do not repeat those activities by doing cardio, power training, and agility drills.  Second, use supersets and circuit training to increase the productivity of your resistance training program.  Working your back while your chest rests saves a lot of time and makes for a challenging workout.  Third, foam roll and stretch at home.  This does not take the place of using these techniques before or after practice, but the more you stretch and foam roll (a self-massage technique used to alleviate knots in your muscles), the easier and quicker it becomes to loosen up when your time is limited.

Continue Learning about Basketball

As a basketball player, how can I assess my vertical jump height?
Vertical jump height is an important measure for basketball players. The double-leg vertical jum...
How can I relieve some soreness from yesterday's basketball workout?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
The best way to help relieve soreness is to do static stretching or use a foam roll over major muscl...
As a basketball player, how often do I need to do strength training?
Experts recommend that you strength train 2-3 days per week with a minimum of 48 hours rest betw...
Should I play basketball even if I am experiencing pain?
Playing basketball through pain is not recommended. Often this exacerbates injury or reinforces ...