How do I find time to train during the basketball pre-season?

First, get rid of redundant exercise in your program.  If you are running, jumping, and cutting during practice, do not repeat those activities by doing cardio, power training, and agility drills.  Second, use supersets and circuit training to increase the productivity of your resistance training program.  Working your back while your chest rests saves a lot of time and makes for a challenging workout.  Third, foam roll and stretch at home.  This does not take the place of using these techniques before or after practice, but the more you stretch and foam roll (a self-massage technique used to alleviate knots in your muscles), the easier and quicker it becomes to loosen up when your time is limited.

Continue Learning about Basketball

Is a basketball center's conditioning program different than a guard's?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Because basketball demands are very similar from player to player the programs would be very similar...
Can SAQ drills be incorporated into my basketball skill practice?
Mike Elliott Mike Elliott
Speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) drills can and should be a part of your basketball skill practic...
As a basketball player, how can I assess my balance and coordination?
Balance and coordination is essential for all basketball players regardless of position. The sha...
What are the best upper body endurance exercises for a basketball player?
To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Exercis...