As a basketball player, how can I assess my strength?

Basketball is a whole body activity that requires the strength of multiple muscles performing in an integrated fashion.  Choose 2 or 3 large movements and track your performance.  For example, tracking your squat, row, and bench press performance may be great indicator of your total body strength.  For most individuals one repetition max lifts are not necessary and pose a risk for injury.  Your best 6-10 repetition performance is just as helpful for tracking your progress.

Continue Learning about Basketball

As a basketball player, how can I assess my vertical jump height?
Vertical jump height is an important measure for basketball players. The double-leg vertical jum...
What are the best upper body endurance exercises for a basketball player?
To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Exercis...
How do I improve my hand coordination for basketball?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
To improve hand coordination for basketball, you should work on a couple of things. First, make sure...
As a basketball player, how can I assess my balance and coordination?
Balance and coordination is essential for all basketball players regardless of position. The sha...