As a basketball player, how can I assess my conditioning?

A good and simple way to test your conditioning is doing a 300 yard shuttle run. To perform, set up two cones 25 yards apart. Run from cone to cone as fast as you can 6 times. Time how long it takes you to complete the drill.  Repeat this twice and average the two times. After a period of training (roughly 4 weeks), reassess by performing the test again. Compare your average time from the reassessment to the original assessment. If you time is less, then you're improving your conditioning.

Continue Learning about Basketball

Is a basketball center's conditioning program different than a guard's?
The physical attributes and movement patterns that make a great basketball player do not vary mu...
How can I improve my conditioning for basketball?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
The best way to improve conditioning for basketball is to get on the court and do court work. This c...
How can I increase my vertical jump for better rebounding and offense?
Unfortunately, the answer is not simple.  Improving your vertical jump requires good flexibility...
What can prepare me for the cardio demands of basketball season?
Aside from running on a treadmill which many people hate to do, you can use an elliptical traine...