What is the rate of incidence of baldness?

Hereditary pattern baldness is by far the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. However, men are much more likely than women to sustain hair loss as a result of pattern baldness. It is estimated that hereditary pattern baldness affects up to 35 million men, or 50  percent of men over 50. Male-pattern baldness can occur in men at any time after puberty, in conjunction with the increase in androgenic hormones that accompanies puberty. Women do not usually have this kind of hair loss until menopause.

Continue Learning about Baldness and Hair Loss

Is Testosterone Making You Go Bald?
Is Testosterone Making You Go Bald?
Many balding men have heard that a receding hairline is a sign of increased testosterone levels. Though you may think a sparsely covered crown is a si...
Should I talk to my doctor about my baldness symptoms?
Baldness can result from a variety of factors other than heredity, including diseases, infections, c...
Is there a vaccine for baldness?
Generally speaking, vaccines are useful in guarding against viral illnesses. Most forms of baldness,...
What Supplements Can Help Women with Thinning Hair?