What is a home remedy for bad breath?

The best remedy for bad breath is making sure you brush and floss your teeth and get regular dental checkups. But if you don’t have a toothbrush or floss around, you can use mouthwash or chew gum to help cover the smell. Chewing gum will also help you to produce more saliva, which is kind of your body’s natural way of cleaning that bacteria out. Drinking water can also help. If your mouth gets dry or you don’t have a lot of saliva being made, that’s going to make your breath smell worse, so hydrating will help to diminish bad breath.

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

While you may already use aloe vera gel on cuts, bruises, and sunburns, you probably didn’t know it’s also a great home remedy for bad breath. Aloe vera contains an anti-inflammatory called b-sitosterol that soothes acid indigestion, which is a common cause of bad breath. Just dissolve a quarter-cup of pure aloe vera gel in a half-cup of water, then drink it down! Unlike a mint, which only treats the symptoms of bad breath, this aloe vera treatment will combat the gastric acid that’s the cause of the bad breath.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Bad Breath (Halitosis)

Breath Stress . . . Be Gone!
Breath Stress . . . Be Gone!
Get an upset stomach and here's what else you can get: bad breath. How can you keep that total turnoff from happening? Yogurt. Not only is it easy on ...
Is bad breath (halitosis) symptomatic of other illnesses?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Some diseases have symptoms related to bad breath. Sinus or lung infections, bronchitis, diabetes, a...
What questions will my dentist ask about my breath at my visit?
If you’re concerned about bad breath, see your dentist. Bad breath can be caused by a number of sour...
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved