In medical terms, the word necrotizing means "causing death." The word necrotizing describes flesh-eating bacteria, and with good reason: flesh-eating bacteria cause the death of body tissue. Flesh-eating bacteria specifically cause necrotizing fasciitis, an infection which penetrates deeply to destroy tissue along muscles.
- Bacterial Cystitis
- Bacterial Infection Treatment
- Cat Scratch Disease
- Diagnosis Of Bacterial Infections
- Lyme Disease
- Mesenteric Lymphadenitis
- Prevention Of Bacterial Infection
- Strep Throat
- Subdural Empyema
- Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Whooping Cough
- Q Is a bacterial infection serious?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with bacterial infections?
- Q What is the importance of good bacteria?
- Q How do I manage typhoid fever on a daily basis?
- Q How common is tracheitis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for tracheitis?