What are some common misconceptions about bacterial vaginosis (BV)?

There are some common misconceptions about bacterial vaginosis (BV). To be clear, BV:

• Is not a matter of poor hygiene
  • Can only be treated with the right diagnosis
  • Can occur even if a person has never had intercourse

This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Chipotle Linked to Multiple Food Poisoning Outbreaks
The bad news seemingly just won’t stop for Chipotle. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced yet another outbreak of food poiso...
Is tracheitis serious?
Yes, tracheitis is a serious childhood infection. Prompt medical attention is vital when a child sho...
How does group B streptococcal bacteria affect women?
If you are pregnant—or know anyone who is—you need to know about group B strep. Group B streptococca...
How Can I Prevent the Spread of Superbugs?