What are bacterial infections?

Bacterial infections are caused by microscopic single-celled organisms, which invade the body. An infection occurs when bacteria multiply in a particular area and cause inflammation. Examples of infections caused by bacteria are strep throat, urinary tract infections, and diphtheria.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Chipotle Linked to Multiple Food Poisoning Outbreaks
The bad news seemingly just won’t stop for Chipotle. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced yet another outbreak of food poiso...
Should I talk to my doctor about my child's tracheitis symptoms?
It's very important to take your child to the emergency room l as soon as possible if you suspect yo...
Is erysipelas contagious?
Cellulitis is the general term for bacterial skin infections, or bacterial infections that affec...
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?