Should I be worried about getting cholera?

The risk of contracting of cholera in foreign travelers is very low, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you are planning on traveling to a developing country, make sure to follow good sanitation practices, drink clean water, and avoid raw or undercooked foods. These are the easiest ways you can lower your risk for cholerra.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Chipotle Linked to Multiple Food Poisoning Outbreaks
The bad news seemingly just won’t stop for Chipotle. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced yet another outbreak of food poiso...
Should I be worried about secondary bacterial infections?
Secondary infections by bacteria can be more dangerous than the original illness, such as when a vir...
Can antibiotics help prevent late-onset group B strep disease?
Unfortunately, the method recommended to prevent early-onset disease (giving women who are group B s...
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?