Should I talk to my doctor about my child's tracheitis symptoms?

It's very important to take your child to the emergency room l as soon as possible if you suspect your child has tracheitis. This disorder is rare, but it requires prompt medical attention. Be aware that a recent viral infection of the upper respiratory system could make your child more susceptible to tracheitis.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Is It Just a Sore Throat—or Something More Serious?
Before you wake up and open your eyes, you know something’s wrong. You feel like someone’s raked your throat with hot needles. Ouch. If you’ve also g...
How is tracheitis diagnosed?
A diagnosis of tracheitis is based mainly upon observation of symptoms and examination of the child'...
What causes septic arthritis?
Septic arthritis is caused by bacteria, and less commonly viruses or fungi, that spread from an infe...
Is Antibiotic Resistance a Serious Problem?