How can I protect my baby from group B strep?

The best way to protect your baby from group B strep is to be tested near the end of your pregnancy to see if you are a carrier of the bacteria. If you do carry the bacteria, then being treated with antibiotics during labor significantly reduces the chance of your baby being infected during birth.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Chipotle Linked to Multiple Food Poisoning Outbreaks
The bad news seemingly just won’t stop for Chipotle. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced yet another outbreak of food poiso...
What are bacterial infections?
Liz Rigney, RNLiz Rigney, RN
Bacterial infections can enter the body and multiply, making us ill in the process, says Liz Rigney,...
How do other illnesses affect secondary bacterial infections?
Secondary bacterial infections are, by nature, caused by an initial infection in one's body. The...
How Do Superbugs Evolve?
How Do Superbugs Evolve?