How can I protect my baby from group B strep?

The best way to protect your baby from group B strep is to be tested near the end of your pregnancy to see if you are a carrier of the bacteria. If you do carry the bacteria, then being treated with antibiotics during labor significantly reduces the chance of your baby being infected during birth.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Do pregnant women need to be routinely screened for BV?
There's no evidence that pregnant women need to be routinely screened for bacterial vaginosis (BV). ...
Why is Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infection on the rise?
When a person takes antibiotics, good germs that protect against infection are destroyed for several...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with tracheitis?
It's important to recognize the symptoms of tracheitis so that you can get prompt medical attention ...
Is Antibiotic Resistance a Serious Problem?