How do I manage typhoid fever on a daily basis?

The most important part of managing typhoid fever is taking the antibiotics that your doctor prescribes. Once you start taking antibiotics, the symptoms of typhoid fever should start to go away after a few days. Make sure you stay hydrated, eat well, and get plenty of rest to ensure a faster recovery. Washing your hands frequently is crucial to avoid spreading the disease to others while you are still a carrier. If those with you are not sick and have not had the vaccine for typhoid fever, they may wish to consider it.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Is It Just a Sore Throat—or Something More Serious?
Before you wake up and open your eyes, you know something’s wrong. You feel like someone’s raked your throat with hot needles. Ouch. If you’ve also g...
What are some reasons that I should wait before starting a family?
There are a number of reasons why you may want to wait before starting a family. Children are expens...
What is the rate of incidence for bubonic plague?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Bubonic plague is the most common of the three types of plague. In the United States, the disease is...
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?