What do I need to know about caring for someone with typhoid fever?

If you are taking care of someone that has typhoid fever, make sure the person is taking the prescribed antibiotics and following any other advice from your doctor. Since typhoid is highly contagious, you should take precautions so you don't get infected. It might be a good idea to get vaccinated, which can be done by injection or taken by mouth. Wash your hands often with hot soapy water. Bathrooms and all shared household items should be disinfected every day to prevent the infection from spreading.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

How to Spot the Warning Signs of a Flesh-Eating Infection
Ah, summer. The time of year for beaches, barbecues and… flesh-eating disease? Possibly. Anecdotally, there do seem to be more news reports of necro...
Can using a reusable shopping bag make me sick?
If you've had your reusable shopping bag for a while, there's a good chance it's holding a lot more ...
Can my toothbrush cause recurrent oral and throat infections?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
The answer to your question is an absolute YES!! Our studies have shown that in healthy individuals,...
How Is MRSA Transmitted?
How Is MRSA Transmitted?