Do I have group B strep infection if I am a carrier?

Being a carrier for group B strep bacteria does not mean you have an infection. It only means that you have group B strep bacteria in your body, usually living in the rectum or vagina. You would not feel the bacteria or have symptoms like a yeast infection. These bacteria are usually not harmful to you—only to your baby during labor or soon after being born.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Hawaii Health Alert: How to Spot the Warning Signs of a Flesh-Eating Infection
Beaches, trails and waterfalls are hallmarks of the sunny outdoor lifestyle Hawaii residents enjoy—but lurking beneath the surface of our sparkling wa...
What is the rate of incidence for bubonic plague?
Bubonic plague is the most common of the three types of plague. In the United States, the disease is...
What is the rate of incidence of cholera?
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only zero to five cases of cholera...
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?