Can I have sex while being treated for bacterial vaginosis (BV)?

If you're being treated for bacterial vaginosis (BV) it's best to wait about seven days after treatment ends to resume sexual relations. Check with your healthcare provider to confirm you're cleared to have sex.

This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

How to Spot the Warning Signs of a Flesh-Eating Infection
Ah, summer. The time of year for beaches, barbecues and… flesh-eating disease? Possibly. Anecdotally, there do seem to be more news reports of necro...
What are some tips for discussing sexual assault with my child in college?
When discussing sexual assault with your child in college, here are some topics you may want to touc...
What increases my child's risk for tracheitis?
Tracheitis can affect any child regardless of age. A young child is considered most at risk for trac...
What Is Currently Being Done to Combat Superbugs?