What is the treatment for cholera?

The treatment for cholera is aimed at reducing the symptoms of diarrhea and dehydration. Therefore, the most effective treatment is simply drinking a solution of water mixed with salt and sugar, to replace the body fluids and salt that have been lost during the illness. If a person is too sick to keep the solution down, then fluids can be given intravenously. Antibiotics can also be given to help the diarrhea stop sooner, but the replacement of fluids is the most important part of treatment.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

What are treatment options for secondary bacterial infections?
Antibiotics are the most common treatment for secondary bacterial infections. Antibiotics are groupe...
How do medications treat secondary bacterial infections?
The most common medications used to treat secondary bacterial infections are antibiotics such as pen...
How can I protect my children from bacterial infections?
Many bacterial infections in children can be prevented with routine immunizations. Vaccines are avai...
Is there a vaccine for flesh-eating bacteria?
Unfortunately, there is no vaccination against flesh-eating bacteria. However, a 2013 study sugg...