Is there a cure for dysentery?

Dysentery is usually cured by simply allowing the infection to run its course and making sure to replace the fluids lost due to diarrhea. In mild cases, this usually occurs in less than a week. Hospitalization, intravenous fluids and antibiotics are used to treat more severe cases of dysentery.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

How do medications treat bacterial infections?
Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections. Antibiotics work by killing harmful bacteria...
Are there alternative treatments for erysipelas?
Antibiotics are the most common, effective, and recommended treatment for erysipelas, and the most d...
How do I manage my bacterial infections on a daily basis?
Bacterial infections can affect your daily life, but there are ways to manage them. Make sure you ar...
How does surgery affect people with flesh-eating bacteria?
Surgery increases the likelihood that someone infected with flesh-eating bacteria will survive the i...