Is there a cure for cholera?

There is no cure for cholera, but replacement of fluid and salts lost through diarrhea leads to recovery in more than 99 percent of people treated. Proper sanitation practices and better access to clean water can help reduce outbreaks. There are some vaccines for cholera but they do not offer full protection against the disease. Some people who live in areas where cholera outbreaks are common become immune to the bacteria.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for erysipelas?
Antibiotics are the most common, effective, and recommended treatment for erysipelas, and the most d...
How do I manage my cholera on a daily basis?
If you become sick with cholera, the most important thing to do is to replace fluids. Cholera causes...
How does surgery affect people with flesh-eating bacteria?
Surgery increases the likelihood that someone infected with flesh-eating bacteria will survive the i...
Are there alternative treatments for dysentery?
In many cases dysentery is simply treated by drinking fluids to replace the water lost due to freque...