How do medications treat typhus?

Your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic medication to treat typhus. You will need to take the antibiotic orally for at least a week. Make sure to take the whole course of antibiotics, even if you feel better before it's finished. In rare occasions, doctors will inject antibiotics if a patient is too sick to swallow a pill. The doctor may also recommend medication to relieve symptoms, such as cough, fever, and headache.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

How can I protect my children from bacterial infections?
Many bacterial infections in children can be prevented with routine immunizations. Vaccines are avai...
Are there alternative treatments for dysentery?
In many cases dysentery is simply treated by drinking fluids to replace the water lost due to freque...
What are the treatment options for typhoid fever?
Antibiotics, either taken by mouth or injected, are used worldwide to treat typhoid fever. Ciproflox...
How do medications treat vestibular neuronitis?
Medications cannot cure vestibular neuronitis. Most doctors believe this form of vertigo is ca...