Are there alternative treatments for typhus?

While you may be able to use other remedies to ease the symptoms of typhus, you still need an antibiotic to kill the bacteria. Alternative treatments could help alleviate discomfort from a fever, cough, or digestive problem associated with typhus, but alternative treatments cannot be counted on to rid yourself of an infection. Be sure to follow your doctor's guidelines for an antibiotic regimen.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for cellulitis?
Traditional, rather than alternative, forms of medicine are by far the most widely used methods of t...
What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
Usually symptoms will start to appear about a week or two after exposure to the bacteria. These firs...
Are there any alternative treatments for flesh-eating bacteria?
There is no known way for you to treat a flesh-eating bacterial infection without medical professi...
Can I manage my secondary bacterial infections on a daily basis?
A secondary bacterial infection can have a significant impact on your life, depending on what kind o...