Are there alternative treatments for typhoid fever?

Antibiotic therapy is really the only treatment for typhoid fever. However, there are some extra things you can do to control your symptoms. Drinking lots of liquids will help prevent dehydration that can be caused by fever and diarrhea. Eating a nutritious diet will also help the body recover sooner.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infection Treatment

Where can I get methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is most often contracted in the hospital or other...
Do bacterial infection treatments pose a risk to the elderly?
Bacterial infection treatments such as antibotics are not a direct risk to the elderly. The kidn...
Is there a vaccine for flesh-eating bacteria?
Unfortunately, there is no vaccination against flesh-eating bacteria. However, a 2013 study sugg...
How can I care for someone with secondary bacterial infections?
When caring for someone with secondary bacterial infections, it is important to remember that the il...