There are alternative treatment options for several types of bacterial infections that may be beneficial. Cranberry juice is used as an alternative treatment for bacterial urinary tract infections. Oregano oil is sometimes used to treat respiratory infections and urinary tract infections. Honey is a natural antibiotic that has been and continues to be used as an alternative therapy. Another option for bacterial infections is to increase overall nutritional intake to strengthen the immune system.
- Q Do bacterial infection treatments pose a risk to the elderly?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with cholera?
- Q How common is flesh-eating bacteria?
- Q What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Q Can alternative treatments help secondary bacterial infections?
- Q Is there a cure for dysentery?