What are the chances of recurrence for bacterial cystitis?

Bacterial cystitis does reoccur and women tend to get infections more than men. You should see your healthcare provider to rule out another underlying condition such as kidney stones. He or she may suggest ways to help prevent infection, including taking regular doses of antibiotics to reduce levels of bacteria in your urine as long as there's no family history of kidney stones. You can help prevent bacterial cystitis by praticing good hygiene, urinating frequently, especially after sex, drink plenty of fluids, and avoid tight-fitting clothing.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Cystitis

How can I care for someone with bacterial cystitis?
As a caregiver, you must ensure that the person suffering from cystitis drinks plenty of fluids, wat...
How do I manage bacterial cystitis on a daily basis?
You can manage cystitis on a daily basis by drinking plenty of fluids, especially water. Taking show...
Does bacterial cystitis affect children differently than adults?
Symptoms of bacterial cystitis for children differ slightly from those of adults. Young children mig...
How common is bacterial cystitis?
Bacterial cystitis is more common among women than men. Women are more likely to contract cystitis b...