When is disk replacement considered for lower back pain?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Disk replacement is only performed when a degenerated disk has failed all non-surgical management and lower back pain does not improve with physical therapy and medication. Watch the video for more information on disk replacement for lower back pain.

Continue Learning about Back Pain

Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Back
Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your BackExercises That Won’t Hurt Your BackExercises That Won’t Hurt Your BackExercises That Won’t Hurt Your Back
Strengthen your back to prevent injuries. Often back pain is the result of sports injuries or improper lifting—either in the gym or around the house. ...
What Are Some Effective Exercises for Chronic Back Pain?
How Can I Avoid Back Pain During Sex?
How Can I Avoid Back Pain During Sex?
Why Is My Back Pain Worse in the Morning?