What is low back pain?

Pain in the lower back is a symptom that can take many forms. It is not a disease, although very rarely it may be due to a disease. Most of the time, lower-back pain appears suddenly, and often it is agonizing. But it may also be experienced as a low-key pain. Lower-back pain that lasts less than six months is usually considered acute. Lower-back pain that lasts longer than six months is considered chronic.

Continue Learning about Back Pain

Got Back Pain? These Conditions May Be to Blame
Got Back Pain? These Conditions May Be to BlameGot Back Pain? These Conditions May Be to BlameGot Back Pain? These Conditions May Be to BlameGot Back Pain? These Conditions May Be to Blame
Weren’t involved in an accident? Didn't lift anything heavy? Here are some other possible culprits. Back pain is common. In fact, 8 out of 10 people ...
What Are Some Diseases and Conditions Caused by Obesity?
What Could Happen If I Let Acute Back Pain Go Untreated?
What Are Some Effective Exercises for Chronic Back Pain?