Is numbness associated with cervical spinal stenosis?

Absolutely. Numbness of the arms and/or legs are very common in spinal stenosis.

Dr. Stephen Wechsler
Chiropractic Medicine Specialist

Stenosis anywhere in the body can cause numbness in any area of the body below the stenosis. The first thing I would address is the inflammation. As an Ayurvedic practitioner and chiropractor, I look to reduce the inflammation through herbs such as Boswellia and Gugglu, as well as supplement with B vitamins.

As a chiropractor, I find that a chiropractic adjustment even to an unrelated area to the stenosis can reduce the pressure on the nerves and spinal cord as a whole.

Sara Wilson, FNP
Nursing Specialist

Sara Wilson, NP, from West Valley Spine Center, explains how numbness is associated with cervical spinal stenosis. Watch the video to learn how compressed nerves cause numbness and tingling.

Continue Learning about Back Pain

7 Surprising Fixes for Back Pain
7 Surprising Fixes for Back Pain
If you’re struggling with back pain, it’s not surprising—the National Institutes of Health (NIH) says that 80 percent of us will have back pain issues...
How common is back pain in the United States?
Ronald B. Tolchin, DORonald B. Tolchin, DO
About 70% to 85% of Americans experience back pain at some point in their lives, according to a nati...
5 Surprising Habits That Cause Back Pain
5 Surprising Habits That Cause Back Pain5 Surprising Habits That Cause Back Pain5 Surprising Habits That Cause Back Pain5 Surprising Habits That Cause Back Pain
These seemingly harmless habits can leave your back screaming for mercy.
4 Ways to Reduce Back Pain and Tension
4 Ways to Reduce Back Pain and Tension