To prevent lower-back pain while you walk, wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes that provide good arch support. High-heeled shoes put pressure on the lower back and increase the risk of a fall, which could result in a back injury. If you are carrying a briefcase, a purse or luggage, switch hands or shoulders often to balance out the stress on your back. You may also reduce your risk for back pain by using corrective inserts in your shoes.
- Q How should I stand to prevent low back pain?
- Q What's the best way to sit to prevent back problems?
- Q What exercises can help prevent back pain?
- Q How can I prevent low back pain while driving?
- Q How can I reduce stress to prevent back pain?
- Q What are the best shoes to wear to avoid back pain?