To prevent lower-back pain while you walk, wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes that provide good arch support. High-heeled shoes put pressure on the lower back and increase the risk of a fall, which could result in a back injury. If you are carrying a briefcase, a purse or luggage, switch hands or shoulders often to balance out the stress on your back. You may also reduce your risk for back pain by using corrective inserts in your shoes.
- Q To avoid back pain, what is the right and wrong way to bend over?
- Q How can I prevent low back pain while sitting?
- Q What are the best shoes to wear to avoid back pain?
- Q Can stretching my hamstrings get rid of my low back pain?
- Q Can shoe inserts help back pain?
- Q What are some exercises that'll help prevent lower back pain?