To prevent lower-back pain while you walk, wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes that provide good arch support. High-heeled shoes put pressure on the lower back and increase the risk of a fall, which could result in a back injury. If you are carrying a briefcase, a purse or luggage, switch hands or shoulders often to balance out the stress on your back. You may also reduce your risk for back pain by using corrective inserts in your shoes.
- Q Can exercise prevent lower back pain?
- Q Can stretching my hamstrings get rid of my low back pain?
- Q How can I prevent back problems?
- Q How can I reduce stress to prevent back pain?
- Q Can spinal pain be prevented?
- Q How can I reduce the risk of lower back pain?