How can I relieve my upper back pain?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Upper back musculo-skeletal conditions are often related to stress. Depending on your profession and activity, it is possible that you place undue stress on your upper back (as most repetitive work tends to do, especially sitting in front of a computer for long hours). So change your posture, get a good lumbar support chair, keep your sitting posture erect, and extend your back. Take small breaks and do stretching exercises to loosen the tendons and muscles in the back.

Continue Learning about Back Pain

Signs Your Back Pain May Be Something More Serious
Back pain is a common problem, affecting 80 percent of people at some point in their lives. But not everyone's discomfort is the same and some signs a...
How long does lower back pain usually last?
Most lower back pain gradually gets better over about six weeks but some people still have pain afte...
The Worst Exercises for Back Pain
The Worst Exercises for Back PainThe Worst Exercises for Back PainThe Worst Exercises for Back PainThe Worst Exercises for Back Pain
Certain workouts can aggravate back pain. Try these instead.
The 3 Types of Back Pain
The 3 Types of Back Pain