Does lower back pain always need treatment?

Most lower back pain goes away without treatment.  Among people who seek treatment, about a third still have pain after a year.  Watch the video to learn more about lower back pain.

Continue Learning about Back Pain

When should I go to a doctor for back pain?
Dr. Audrey K. Chun, MDDr. Audrey K. Chun, MD
Although we know that when we have a new pain we should see the doctor to determine the cause, m...
How can I tell if the pain is from my back or a bad hip?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Arthritic hip pain is typically felt in the hip and groin area, possibly down the leg but not past t...
What is acute low back pain (LBP)?
North American Spine Society (NASS)North American Spine Society (NASS)
Acute low back pain (LBP) is lower back pain that has been present for at least six weeks. It may be...
What causes lumbar spinal stenosis?
Lumbar spinal stenosis means narrowing of the spinal canal in the area of the lower back, which can ...