What is a great exercise to get bigger traps (trapezius muscles)?

A simple yet effective exercise to help build bigger traps (trapezius muscles) is the shoulder shrug. To perform a should shrug, begin by standing with your feet pointed straight ahead and hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your arms at your side. Then, while keeping the arms straight, shrug shoulders up toward your ears, while slightly squeezing the shoulder blades together. Briefly hold at the top and then return to the start position. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions. If dumbbells are not available, a barbell, cables, or tubing can be great alternatives for adding extra resistance.  

Continue Learning about Back Exercises

Exercises to Build a Better Back
Exercises to Build a Better Back
Feel an unwelcome twinge in your low back every now and again? You're not alone. Researchers estimate that 8 out of 10 of us will grapple with low bac...
What should I avoid when doing the heel slides exercise for spine problems?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The heel slides exercise develops abdominal control of the lower spine. Beginning with both feet...
How do I do heel slides exercise for spinal extension problems?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The heel slides exercise develops abdominal control of the lower spine. To do the heel slides ex...
What Is a Good Stretch for a Stiff Back After Sleeping?