How does strengthening my rhomboids help improve my posture?

The rhomboids are responsible for squeezing the shoulder blades back and together and providing stability to the shoulder complex, making them important for your posture. Strengthening them helps to elevate the chest and maintain an upright trunk, essentially putting the body into the exact opposite position when compared to the rounded and hunched upper-body posture that so many individuals exhibit.

Continue Learning about Back Exercises

Exercises to Build a Better Back
Exercises to Build a Better Back
Feel an unwelcome twinge in your low back every now and again? You're not alone. Researchers estimate that 8 out of 10 of us will grapple with low bac...
How do I properly perform a dumbbell row?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a dumbbell row, stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and shoulder-width apart...
What is a good stretch to try after I've strained my back?
To alleviate back pain, try lying on your back flat on the floor with a small rolled towel under the...
What Is a Great Rotational Stretch to Open Up My Spine?