How does strengthening my rhomboids help improve my posture?

The rhomboids are responsible for squeezing the shoulder blades back and together and providing stability to the shoulder complex, making them important for your posture. Strengthening them helps to elevate the chest and maintain an upright trunk, essentially putting the body into the exact opposite position when compared to the rounded and hunched upper-body posture that so many individuals exhibit.

Continue Learning about Back Exercises

Exercises to Build a Better Back
Exercises to Build a Better Back
Feel an unwelcome twinge in your low back every now and again? You're not alone. Researchers estimate that 8 out of 10 of us will grapple with low bac...
How do I perform a medicine ball back extension throw?
Stand with your back toward the wall with your feet straight, shoulder-width apart and knees sli...
Why should I do my back exercises in front of a mirror?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Often, what many people who experience back pain "visualize" as ideal movement needs to change. ...
Is There a Stretch I Can Do to Loosen Up My Lower Back?