What does my doctor examine during a well-baby visit?

Your doctor will examine your baby from head to toe, check his growth, evaluate his development, look for signs of illness, and provide advice for keeping your little one healthy, happy, and safe. In addition, there may be specific tests and immunizations recommended depending on the age of your baby at each visit.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Baby's Physical Health

Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
George Graham Vest was a U.S. Senator in the late 1800s, but it’s the way he represented one of his constituents’ dog, Old Drum, that has made him par...
How do I take my baby’s temperature?
Julie A. Gustin, MDJulie A. Gustin, MD
If you're concerned about a fever in your baby, how you take their temperature is somewhat depen...
What should I avoid when taking my newborn baby out for the first time?
Dianne ParkerDianne Parker
When taking a newborn out for the first time one should avoid large crowds, people with coughs, snee...
Why does a newborn need a hearing test?
Dianne ParkerDianne Parker
A newborn hearing screen is important to prevent speech problems from occurring as the baby develops...