Should I call the doctor if my baby is projectile vomiting?

Absolutely. Vomiting can quickly lead to dehydration which needs to be treated. Additionally, projectile vomiting may be a sign of infection and sometimes a more serious medical issue that needs to be addressed by your child's doctor.

Continue Learning about Baby's Physical Health

Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
George Graham Vest was a U.S. Senator in the late 1800s, but it’s the way he represented one of his constituents’ dog, Old Drum, that has made him par...
What should I do if the baby is has tremors?
If it's short in duration it could be the Moro reflex. If the shaking lasts longer than a few second...
What happens at checkups for babies at 12, 15 and 18 months?
At the 12, 15 and 18 month checkup visits, the doc will get vital statistics such height, weight, an...
What are signs that a newborn needs immediate medical attention?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Please call your pediatrician if you notice any of these symptoms in your baby: A rectal tempera...