How often should I change my baby's pacifier?

Our studies have shown that within 1 week of use, not only is the surface of the pacifier contaminated with germs (bacteria, yeasts, and molds), but the germs have actually penetrated the material of the pacifier. In addition, the plastic lip-shield is equally contaminated. While it is important to wash the pacifier frequently with an antibacterial soap, our studies have shown that many of the germs are resistant to the soap. Still, the action of cleaning reduces the numbers of germs. For this reason, I recommend daily washing of the pacifier; I also recommend that the pacifier be changed weekly.  Dr. G.

Continue Learning about Baby's Physical Health

Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
Woof—It’s Good for Kiddy Gut Biome
George Graham Vest was a U.S. Senator in the late 1800s, but it’s the way he represented one of his constituents’ dog, Old Drum, that has made him par...
Should I call the doctor if my baby is projectile vomiting?
Absolutely. Vomiting can quickly lead to dehydration which needs to be treated. Additionally, projec...
What is Kernicterus?
Kernicterus is a type of brain damage that can result from high levels of bilirubin in a baby’s bloo...
What should I do if the baby is has tremors?
If it's short in duration it could be the Moro reflex. If the shaking lasts longer than a few second...