When can I start to spoon-feed my baby?

When your baby is four to six months old, you can start feeding her with a spoon. Your baby will be ready to eat from a spoon when she:
  • Holds her head up and sits with support
  • Shows interest in foods
  • Opens her mouth when you offer a spoon and closes her lips over it
  • Keeps food in her mouth and can swallow it
  • Turns her head away when she is full

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
How do I make sure I provide my baby with the right diet?
Babies' diets should include only formula or breast milk during the first few months of life. They d...
What are the three basic kinds of baby formula?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
There are three types of formulas for babies: Powdered formula has instructions for how much water...
Why is honey bad for babies?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Until your child is at least one year old, honey or corn syrup in any form should be avoided. Ho...