Should I feed my baby every time she cries?

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics
You do not need to feed your baby every time she cries. If your baby is recently fed, check her pamper. Also check to make sure she does not have a piece of hair wrapped around her toes or fingers. Hair tourniquets can make babies really fussy because of the cut off of blood supply to that area of skin. If none of these are the cause, try a pacifier to soothe her.

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
What is the proper way to bottle-feed?
Sarine SalamaSarine Salama
Prop the baby in a semi upright position, cradled in your arms. Hold the bottle at a slight angle an...
What signs or cues mean my baby is hungry?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A hungry baby may flutter his or her eyes, smack the lips, bringing hands to his or her mouth, t...
How should I give a bottle to my breastfed baby?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If breastfeeding has been going well, you can introduce your baby to a bottle after your baby’s tw...