Should I be concerned if my infant eats, spits up, and wants to eat again?

If your infant sometimes has mild episodes of spitting up or vomiting, there is probably no need for alarm. This is common. If the vomiting becomes more forceful and persistent, you may want to consult a doctor. If you notice signs of dehydration, like fewer wet diapers or a lack of tears when your baby cries, or if you notice the baby's stomach contracting, something more serious may be going on and you should see your doctor for further tests.

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
Should I breastfeed my newborn or use formula?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Breastfeeding does have several benefits for moms and babies, including reducing a mother’s risk of ...
Should I give my child fruit juice?
Melissa Joy DobbinsMelissa Joy Dobbins
The American Academy of Pediatrics has the following recommendations for juice intake: no more t...
Is pasteurized human milk safe for babies?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Although it's possible that donated human milk could transmit a harmful substance, there has never b...