Why is it important that my baby gets enough calories?

There are many reasons why you need to make sure your baby is getting enough calories. Among other things, lack of growth in the womb can cause a decrease in brain development, immune deficiency, and short stature.

If vital organs don't get the nutrients they need, they're not going to grow to and function at their maximum capacity. And there's evidence to show that this can contribute to a wide range of problems when these babies become adults - for example, hormonal problems like thyroid issues, metabolic problems like obesity, and even cardiovascular problems like heart disease and hypertension.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
Is there anything wrong with giving my toddler a sippy cup?
I constantly see parents handing their children plastic sippy cups of juice to carry around all day....
Why is honey bad for babies?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Until your child is at least one year old, honey or corn syrup in any form should be avoided. Ho...
Is anything wrong if my infant vomits frequently after feeding?
Sam Pejham, MDSam Pejham, MD
Infants spit up after feeding since the muscles that are suppose to keep the food from coming back u...